One of my absolute favorite scriptures is found in Psalm 46:10. It reads: "Be still, and know that I am God."
"Be still..."With all the "hustle and bustle" in our lives, we may sometimes forget to take a step back and really LISTEN to the promptings of the Spirit. I have a very strong testimony of the importance of prayer, scripture study, and paying attention. I know our Heavenly Father wants to provide guidance to us throughout the various stages of our lives, but how can He do that if we aren't taking the time to hear what He has to say? I am certainly not perfect at setting aside ample time to "be still," but the blessings that have come to me as a result of those times when I've chosen to drop everything and sincerely devote my time to the Lord have instilled in me a knowledge of the importance of this commandment. We must be still. We must listen to our Heavenly Father. We must obey.
"...know that I am God." When we are listening and obeying our Father in Heaven, the events that transpire throughout our lives will always be for our good. Whether we are experiencing times of happiness and prosperity, or despair and suffering, He has a plan. We need to trust in God and have faith He will help us through our trials, and we need to continue to remember him in our thoughts and our actions during those times in life when things seem to be going wonderfully. He is God. He has all power, and without Him, we are nothing. Anything truly good that happens in our life is a blessing from Him, and if we can strive to always remember that, I know we will be greatly blessed.
Motherhood has deepened my testimony of the power of God, as well as the love I feel for Jesus Christ. I know they are two separate beings, and I know I can always turn to them for guidance, comfort, and even if I just want to talk. I know my amazing husband, beautiful children, and all other family and friends are blessings from my Father in Heaven, and I am very grateful to know of the love God and Jesus Christ feel for me. I know each one of us is important to them, and it is my prayer my children are able to develop that same testimony early on in their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amen! Great thoughts!
ReplyDelete